The idea for the above shot came from Jem’s water-droplet shots from shutterjunkie… The weather in Singapore has not been photography-conducive of late. Having a little spare time this morning, I decided to experiment with my 100mm macro lens instead. The set-up was simple: a blue plastic basin filled with water placed on a small table in the balcony, using natural light. To make the patterns a little more interesting, I placed a sheet of aluminum foil at the bottom to reflect the incident light. All I had to do then was to do a little pre-focusing and click the remote shutter release. The camera was set to high-speed sequence mode. I think I ran through at least over a 150 shots before I got the effect I wanted — something I’d certainly not have tried if I was using film! 🙂

Canon EOS 40D : f/7.1, 1/1000 sec, 100 mm, ISO 640.
Category: MacroSunday, 20 Sep 2009 04:15 pm